Saturday, November 6, 2010

Let the Blogging Begin

Those who know me best know that I am quite the blog reader.  I just love a good blog and actually keep up with several bloggers who always have funny stories or interesting things to say.  So I have decided to take the leap into the world of maybe-daily posts, comments, and page views in hopes that the things that make my life worth living will bring a laugh to someone else's lips too!

You'd just have to know my dad.  He is quite the comedian who always has a different way of looking at things and, as my mom likes to say, "Has a way with words."  So here it is, my inaugural blog, dedicated to...

Stuff My Dad Says
  1. "I'm just hanging out like hair in a biscuit."
  2. "Back when I was a kid of a boy"
  3. "Just hump up and get it done."
  4. "Your momma? Well she's crazy."
  5. "Its time to get out there and get after it!"
  6. The morning after one Pendleton too many he will get up and say "Where is that coon? Has anybody seen a coon around here?" If you dare ask what coon he is talking about he says, "The one that $#@+ in my mouth last night."(referring to the bad taste that last drink might have left on his tongue)
  7. He calls my grandfather,and his namesake, whose name is Clifford, "Cliffad"
  8. At the first complaint of Beau and Lawson over some task he has assigned them, he says, "Well go on back to the house and cut out your paper dolls."
  9. "WE CANNOT HEAT THE WORLD!" ...anytime a door to the outside it left open
  10. "Showing cattle costs a lot, but drug rehab costs more."
And the list goes on and on....


Love,
JanLee

1 comment: