- The Christmas Spirit. I am so in it. As I type this, Michael Buble is serenading me "White Christmas" and I am falling in love with him. Right now. I have always thought the best part of Christmas was in the days leading up to it. Everybody is happy, its cold, and I am in Holiday Heaven. Just call me Christmas Carol.
- Cowboy Church. This past Sunday, Katie and I tried something new in the church worship department. Its called Cowboy Church and to say its right up my alley would be an understatement. I absolutely loved it. In Stillwater, Cowboy Church is held at the county fairgrounds in the sale arena. There is just something about hearing God's word from a seat worn smooth by livestock buyers, hearing hymns over a microphone normally used by an auctioneer, and watching a pastor give his sermon from the dirty shavings of a sale ring.
- Dead Week. I can't believe this semester is only days from being over. This week is "Dead Week" at OSU, meaning not a lot besides studying should be going on (but students are expected to attend class). Next week is Finals and I will be home in a little over a week!
- Movie Marathon. Because it is Dead Week, and because Katie and I have decided not to participate in its true meaning (studying), we are using our spare time this week to reap the full benefits of being new Hastings card carrying customers, Half Price Movies! We fully intend to watch movies (and lots of them) every night this week. Playing tonight: "Serendepity"
- The Showbox. I guess this is as good a time as any to put in a plug for Adam McCall's latest entrepreneurial advetures. He is now a licensed Sullivan's dealer so if you need show supplies let him know! Also, stay up to speed on latest deals by becoming a fan of The Showbox on Facebook.
- Have I mentioned I can't wait for Christmas?
7. Soup, Soup, and More Soup. Katie and I came back from Thanksgiving with a car load of homemade soup along with the recipes and necessary ingredients to make our own. Needless to say, we are about souped out after two weeks of chili, taco soup, brunswick stew, and jambalaya. No more soup here, thanks.
8. Special Sunday. If there has ever been a perfect day, it was Sunday. After church that morning, we came back and, without a thing in the world to do, lounged around, napped, and caught up on our t.v. watching for the week. Later that night, we drove around town for TWO HOURS looking at Christmas lights, enjoying our heated seats, and sipping on Sonic treats.
9. Annabelle's Wish. The sweetest Christmas movie of all time and one of my most treasured childhood memories.
10. Life is good when "paint toenails red" makes it to your to-do list.
Merry Frifmasth,
JanLee
*K. Lents requested she be given credit for the word "Frifmasth" and any joy it may bring to your life.

No comments:
Post a Comment