Monday, December 13, 2010

No Room

Last night, driving home from the third Christmas party I had attended in four days, I was singing my little heart out with the radio and planning for how I was going to get the smell of Rotel out of my car. As you may know, there aren't too many songs that come across country radio that I don't know by heart, but I didn't recognize the first few notes of the tune that played as I turned the corner off of Western onto Lakeview. I turned it up (because "If I don't know it now I'm not getting out of this car 'til I do!") and goosebumps raced up my arms.

This song tells the Christmas story and talks about the true reason for the season in a way I have never heard in a country Christmas song.  After a beautiful summary of the Christmas story, the second verse compares Mary and Joseph being turned away at the inn because there was "No room," to people not remembering the reason we celebrate this holiday because there is "No room,"  in their hearts, lives, etc.

So here's what you need to do: go listen to the song (just google "No Room- Rhett Akins", sorry for the lack of link here). Then, have a very Merry Christmas and remember why Christmas is such a time for happiness and celebration.

Thinking Thankful Thoughts,
JanLee



 

No comments:

Post a Comment