Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday Ten: Today's To-Dos

Man, that's a lot of T's.

  1. Pray for the Marksbury Family. Yesterday, a wonderful Angus family was on their way to the West Virginia State Fair in their small, private plane. An accident occured just after take-off. Josh, Jamie, and their young son, Jake, were all injured severely. Today, Jake is having surgery but is in stable condition, Jamie is stable, and Josh is still in critical condition. Though I do not know this family personally, I pray for their full recovery and send love their way. Times like these make you appreciate your life and the people around you.
  2. Buy a mortar board. On a MUCH lighter note, I cannot go another day without a planner. OSU has an official school calendar/planner for students and I am dying to get one. I have so many baby lists in my mind that really need to be written down and they NEED to be in my shiny new mortar board.
  3. Unpack. I hate unpacking so I think I will go get that mortar board and then come back and look for something else to do.
  4. Go to the grocery. After sitting empty all summer, our apartment has NO FOOD. The few things that are here, I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole so I better get on that pretty quick. I can't eat any more McDonald's.
  5. Send a postcard. This past week, my grandfather moved into an assisted living community. He has adjusted so well and I am SO glad that he is happy, safe, and well cared for. Today, I am going to send him a postcard from Stillwater. Everybody loves a day brightener.
  6. Shop for a school bag. I am done with the backpack. Besides the fact that mine look like somebody played kick-the-can with it, I have decided I want something a little more grown up than the purple back pack I have carried for the past two years. Its time to upgrade to something a little more mature and professional.
  7. Check the mail. Our mail box has been slowly filling up for THREE MONTHS. It proabably needs to be checked, you think?
  8. Cook something. I just have this urge to be domestic, and, knowing me, I better go with it! Who knows when this may happen again...
So I know that's only eight, but that's really all I can think of. Hope everyone has a great week!! :)

Praying for the Marksbury Family,
JanLee


No comments:

Post a Comment